The MagTek 22370001 ImageSafe MICR check reader can be used at a point of sale to scan a check, read the MICR characters that appear along the bottom of the check, and create an electronic copy, and it contains an integrated magnetic card reader to read a credit or debit card or another magnetic stripe card to complete a transaction. The check reader can create digital copies of the front and back of a check in a single pass in grayscale at 200 dpi (dots per inch). The check reader's USB cable can be plugged into the USB port of a computer or another host system (sold separately) to transmit check or card data. An authenticator encrypts card data for security. An LED indicator turns red to alert the user of a decoding error. This product weighs 2.2 lb. and measures 6 x 3.9 x 8.1 inches (H x W x D). (H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.) It accepts checks that measure up to 4 x 9 inches (H x L) and can read MICR (magnetic ink character recognition) characters in E-13B or CMC-7 fonts.
- 3-track integrated SCRA: Secure card-based payment transactions with the integrated secure card reader authenticator that encrypts card data at the point of swipe; the flexible device can also be used with an ID card for strong two-factor authentication during online financial transactions
- Single feed: Ideal for use with Check 21, BOC, and remote deposit capture applications
- Dual-sided scanner: Double-sided capture of complete check images in a single pass and supports E13B and CMC7 fonts
- ImageSafe connects to PCs and terminals through USB 2.0 or 1.1 interfaces and features an easy-to-read LED indicator for visibility into device status
- Secured by the MagneSafe Security Architecture
- Document Size 4”x 9” maximum; 3" x 2.625"
- Check Scanning: Dual-sided
- Image Resolution: 200 dpi
- Image Compression: CCITT G4 or JPEG
- Check Feed: Single Feed
- MICR Fonts Supported: E13-B and CMC-7
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.